WELCOME


Saturday, October 16, 2010

Filling stitch

I am currently doing an embroidery on a green top and was searching for a stitch for filling the petals.I was not in a hurry to start that. As I am not very perfect in long and short stitch,and also not interested in doing a chain stitch filling as with a single strand silk thread I just now finished an embroidery.It was back breaking and I needed a break.
When I went to give my Bunka Pansy for framing I saw a wall hanging of the same flower pattern I have, and the filling stitch was perfect.It was a big piece and I really want to do it some day :-P.This is just flat stitch and unlike we fill for the sleeves which is slanted, this was filled horizontally.I loved this stitch and the filling is also done quickly:).I have tried to post the stitch as a tutorial,but hmmm..........I am not that smart as Lakshmi or Deepa in this:D.Here it is.................








And this is what I tried first and finally settled for the Flat stitch.




2 comments:

Lakshmi said...

I just love the yellow n red combo petal..

G.AruljothiKarikalan said...

it looks like a painting........ nice....